Saturday 3 May 2008

Hostel

I am not easily shocked, but watching the film Hostel both disgusted and shocked me immensely.


A group of young boys are lured into a hostel under the pretext that they will be able to get any girl that they desire. They are lured in by two attractive females who eventually drug them and take them to a warehouse where clients pay to kill people brought in. Watching someone get hacked to pieces for someone’s sadistic enjoyment was disgusting. Where is the pleasure in watching that? If I wanted to watch someone get brutally hurt and vomit on themselves I would actually be quite worried about my mental health. It completely fathoms me that someone can come up with such a sick and disgusting idea, let alone that they spend millions of dollars making it and millions of people watch it and enjoy it.



Surely this is "being bad," watching someone suffer immense pain at the hand of a sadistic torturer for fun?


Go to: www.hostelfilm.com/ for an inside view.

No comments: