Monday 10 March 2008

Comment 1 - KIDS

In reply to:

"OH MY DAYSthat film was terrible it should not of been able to come out on dvd never mind cinema!That fil is an out rage i felt like walking out at the begging but i thought id give it the benefit of the doubt i shuld of gone with my feeling!I CAN'T BELIEVE ANYBODY HAS MADE A FILM ABOUT THAT!!That person has got a perverted mind in my opinion!What do you think?????" http://beingbad19.blogspot.com/




My comment:
I find it quite interesting that you feel that outraged at watching the movie KIDS. I think that the film was relatively shocking as children as young as fourteen or fifteen had already contracted HIV. However I believe that I only found this shocking as HIV is not very common in the Western world anymore. Whereas in 1995 it was a more common and controversial topic. However I do believe that the film shows today’s society exceedingly accurately, drug abuse, rape, underage sex and violence are paramount problems in society today. Day’s like the one portrayed in the film happen on a day to day basis. In the real world days like this are common.

The period of childhood is becoming shorter and shorter which is very unnerving and intimidating. Would you be comfortable with your eleven year old child behaving and conducting themselves as you? I would find that extremely unsettling. It would be interesting to try and pinpoint why children today do not want to be children. Is it to fit in? But who are they fitting in with, the adults? Surely the adults do not want children to “fit in” to the mature world of harsh realities and responsibilities, but to enjoy and take pleasure in their time of freedom. So where does this warped sense of maturity stem from?

Did you find it shocking because it is a common occurrence or perhaps because someone dared to make a harsh reality into a picture? Most of us are aware of these issues but have never seen it with our own eyes. Did you not like it because it made you uncomfortable to watch it?

1 comment:

Babii Nikki said...

THE FILM WAS OK, I THOUGHT THAT SOME PARTS WERE REALLY SHOCKING E.G. THE HIV AND THE RAPE. IT WAS QUITE EMOTIONAL HOWEVER I THINK THE DIRECTOR IS LOOKING AT MOST KIDS OF THE 21ST CENTURY, YOU KNOW THIS IS THE IN THING FOR KIDS THESE DAYS,HAVING SEX AT A YOUNG AGE IS LIKE SMOKING AND DRINKING WHEN YOURE NOT SUPPOSE TO. BUT I THOUGHT CERTAIN SCENES WERE VERY SHOCKING.